Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

painting like mad

Heyo, Today can be summed up in 2 words, eating and painting. maybe 3 cause i slept a lot after eating so much.

Anyway I'm super behind in my master studies so I did 3 today, all in Potoshop they are all from reference and all took around 30-45 mins.

The first 2 are refrenced from work by Paul Lasaine, DreamWorks VisDev extraordinaire.  and the 3rd is another study of Edwin Lord Weeks



And here is today speed painting.
 getting the colors down on this was was really hard and I still feel I'm quite far off the original. but I wont argue with the time limit. Its time move on and learn as much as i can from the next one.

Tomorrow I will attempt to take what ive learned from these first 9 speed paintings and compose my own work. im excited and nervous at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I think the biggest thing in this painting is the sky; that's what I learned from painting this. Also try posting the reference too so that it's easier to compare and people know what you're painting from.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I like feedback.

    Day 10: awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete